- Name: nbtool (netbios tool)
- OS: Linux, BSD, Mac
- Language: C
- Path: http://svn.skullsecurity.org:81/ron/security/nbtool
- Created: 2008-08-02
- State: Stable
Some tools for NetBIOS and DNS investigation, attacks, and communication.
- DNS backdoor (dnscat)
- NetBIOS queries, registrations, and releases (nbquery)
- NetBIOS sniffing and poisoning (nbsniff)
- Cross-site scripting over DNS (dnsxss)
- DNS sniffer (dnslogger)
- DNS tester (dnstest)
See the individual tools for more information.
Current version is tested on:
- Linux 32 and 64-bit
- Mac OS X Intel
- Windows 2000, XP, 2003
- iPhone (make iphone) -- hasn't been tested lately
- iPod Touch (make ipod) -- hasn't been tested lately
(Let me know if it works on other operating systems)
- nbtool 0.04 (2010-02-20) (svn rev 677)
- Subversion: svn co http://svn.skullsecurity.org:81/ron/security/nbtool-0.04
- Source: http://www.skullsecurity.org/downloads/nbtool-0.04.tgz
- Windows (32-bit): http://www.skullsecurity.org/downloads/nbtool-0.04-win32.zip
- Linux (32-bit Slackware): http://www.skullsecurity.org/downloads/nbtool-0.04-bin.tgz
- Linux (64-bit Slackware): http://www.skullsecurity.org/downloads/nbtool-0.04-bin64.tgz
- Changelog: Everything changed -- total rewrite, new tools, etc.
- nbtool 0.02 (2008-08-25) (svn rev 147)
- nbtool 0.01 (2008-08-21)
- (note: don't remove -g from compile, since I'm using asserts() in critical points. That'll be changed by the next version, it was a temporary measure I forgot about :) )
How to compile
Download the source, extract it, and run 'make' then 'make install in its directory.
Same as Linux (should be compatible with BSD's version of make)
Same as BSD and Linux
Double-click on the .sln file in the 'mswin32' folder to load in Visual Studio, then compile.