Difference between revisions of "Pumpkin Pie"
Revision as of 02:10, 16 November 2008
Today's Canadian Thanksgiving, and I've spent the last week making pumpkin pies to get this recipe just right for my family. And also because I like pie. So, enjoy!
Update: the topping, while awesome, totally doesn't go with the pie, so I'm removing it. :)
- 400mL (one small can) of pumpkin puree (I use E. D. Smith)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed [optional, but thickens it better]
- 1 cup organic brown sugar (I use "Sucarnat", I think)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk (the regular kind works, but I found it too sweet)
- 1 pre-made pie crust (yeah, I'm lazy -- I like Keebler's chocolate one, and it's vegan, too!)
Put all the pie ingredients together (except for the crust) and beat with an electric mixer (egg beater?) until smooth. Put it in the pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes (longer might work better, but I don't have the guts to try :) ).