Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:40, 25 August 2009 by Ron (New page: From [http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetarian-Gravy/Detail.aspx This site] * 1/2 cup vegetable oil * 1/3 cup chopped onion * 5 cloves garlic, minced * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour * 4 teaspoo...)
From This site
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce to form a smooth paste. Gradually whisk in the broth. Season with sage, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- 2 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch, as needed
- Combine the miso in the water and whisk until the miso is dissolved.
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine over medium-low heat and whisk in the flour. Add the miso, vegetable broth, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and pepper.
- Allow to cook until thickened, stirring frequently. Add the cornstarch, if needed, to make the gravy even thicker. Add more cornstarch if needed.