Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:28, 23 June 2008 by Ron (New page: This is a page for a "fuzzer" I'm considering writing. It doesn't have a name yet. ==Features== * Proxy functionality (HTTP, socks) * Different protocols automatically recognized (ie, ra...)
This is a page for a "fuzzer" I'm considering writing. It doesn't have a name yet.
- Proxy functionality (HTTP, socks)
- Different protocols automatically recognized (ie, raw, http, irc, rpc, etc.)
- Manipulation of protocol-specific headers (ie, adding/removing headers)
- Abusing the protocol itself (fields and user data)
- Knowledge of the protocol (ie, able to update the length field, crc field, etc.)
- Format strings
- Injections (sql, html, shell, email, path)
- Data encodings
- Including invalid ones (broken UTF8)
- Common mistakes: phone number, postal code, etc.
- Queued tests
- Encode/decode payloads (standard, customized)
- Multi-page testing (as in, hits certain pages in a certain sequence)
- State detection (logged in, not logged in -- user-led or automatic ("these pages are logged in, these aren't, what do they have in common?"))
- User-submitted tests (solving CAPTCHAs when necessary)
- Diff engine
- Automatically detect which fields change (has to happen after decoding is done)
- Page rendering (HTML)
- Save all tests
- Save .html/whatever files?
- Save everything to a DB, attach a Web app to view results?
- Different plugins for different tasks (spiderer, fuzzer, reporting, etc)
- Each can send to the rest (right-click on one or more packets, "send to X")