Tagliatelle with Artichokes, Red Onions and Thyme
Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Vegalicious -- I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds amazing!
- 300 grams tagliatelle or fettuccine
- 2 cans artichoke hearts in water, liquid drained and halved
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large red onions, sliced in thin rings
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 Tbs. fresh thyme
- 1 small piece soy cheese, grated
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute the red onion until just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and artichoke pieces.
- Saute until the artichokes are lightly browned, turn the heat down to low.
- Splash the white wine over the vegetables to thin the oil, and season.
- Drain the tagliatelle, and mix the vegetables with the tagliatelle.
- Add the thyme.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve the meal garnished with grated soy cheese.